Schumacher is one of the leading brands in battery charger manufacturing worldwide. It has been established in 1947 and gained popularity because of the quality chargers they create. Since then they always include a Schumacher battery charger instructions for every unit sold.
What is a Schumacher Battery Charger? Schumacher battery charger is the best brand in the world. For more than 60 years of existence, a Schumacher battery charger has maintained its status of being the leading brand in the world using state-of-the-art technology.
If you are looking for a quality car battery charger, choose for the best, Schumacher charger. It is built to last long and charge batteries with complete protection and lifespan extension for your car batteries.
Schumacher battery chargers are always on the edge of technology. They are now using a microprocessor that controls the charging voltage input for your batteries’ total protection.
How Does Schumacher Battery Differ From Other Brands?
The name Schumacher is synonymous to the number 1 brand. Its name is also equated to passion, excellence, and innovation. Being the top brand in the market, it is totally incomparable to others.
● Schumacher battery chargers are efficient and safe compared to other brands.
● It is committed to its customers and serves them well even after the post-sale.
● It has set a high-quality standard which other brands are trying to reach.
● It offers a complete line of chargers for all types of cars in all sizes and shapes.
With all the qualities mentioned, you will know that Schumacher brand excels in all condition. It is the name that has set the standard of quality and excellence in the field of battery chargers.
It became the model of other brands. Many are trying to imitate the image and quality, but they always seem to fail. Schumacher maintained its status in the world market for more than 6 decades now. It is the only name you can trust when it comes to battery chargers.
How To Use A Schumacher Battery Charger
Schumacher battery charger is easy to use. It always comes with an instruction manual that will give you a step by step procedure on how to use its battery chargers. You have to read the instructions carefully because proper usage will protect both the charger and the battery itself.
Here are some of the steps on the ways to use your Schumacher charger:
1. The first thing that you have to do is to connect the battery. It will show you the voltage of the cell that you connect to. It will help determine how long it will take for the battery to be fully charged.
2. Select the battery type, size, and type of charge that you want; whether you want it fast or slow. You may select the battery type as AGM or Gell type.
3. When the green light comes on, it means that your battery is now fully charged and will switch to maintenance mode. It can be left connected and keep the battery ready for use indefinitely.
4. Schumacher batteries have these speed charge software that actively controls the voltage, current input and the temperature of the battery; it adjusts them accordingly and uses the maximum charging with minimum time.
You can be sure that it is 100% safe. That is what Schumacher charger is all about. It is dedicated to creating a faster, smarter and safer battery charger for you.
Schumacher battery charger created simple and user-friendly instructions. By just following these, you will surely have a long-lasting battery charger.
You can quickly watch how to use it by watching YouTube:
What Is A Battery Charger Maintainer?
A battery maintainer is ideally used when the battery will be left idle for a long time. Battery maintainers are specialized chargers that keep your batteries active even when not in use.
It is slightly different than a charger itself because a maintainer will only supply a trickle of current to maintain the battery and keep it active even when idle..
Battery maintainers supply a limited amount of electricity which is enough not to self-discharge it and not too much to overcharge your batteries. Using these battery maintainers can prolong the lifespan of your cells.
4 Benefits Of Using A Battery Maintainer
We have mentioned the purpose of using a battery maintainer. You might want to look deeper into why you should use a battery maintainer. These conditions will explain why you should also have a battery maintainer at home.
1. It helps people save money.
A maintainer can save you a lot of money from the charging cost of batteries. Every time you will store your cells for a long time, a maintainer can do the job and save your money and effort for the charging cost.
2. It provides a low charging capacity for batteries.
It means that a battery maintainer is ideal for extended storage of batteries. You know that your cells are still working well even after long periods of storage because you have your maintainer with you. It provides limited charging capacity enough to keep it fully charged.
3. It extends battery life.
When you extend your battery life, you have saved considerably. Some people tend to stock their batteries up. And when they are ready to use it, it’s not working anymore. A maintainer can help you with that. It prolongs the lifespan of the battery by keeping an ample supply of power to keep it active even during the idle state.
4. It is easy to operate.
Battery maintainers are easy to operate — no complicated instructions or whatsoever. Just plug the device to an outlet and connect to the battery. No worries about overcharging, it has built-in regulators that maintain the flow of energy to your cells.
How Long Does It Usually Take To Charge A Car Battery With A Schumacher Charger?
Depending on the type of Schumacher charger you use, charging varies from unit to unit. Some Schumacher chargers have an automatic charging system that automatically shuts off when it reaches full capacity.
Let’s discuss how each Schumacher charger works and how much time is needed for its charging time.
● Microprocessor Charger. If you are using one of the microprocessor chargers from Schumacher, you have nothing to worry about. This kind of charger controls the voltage and current and modifies them when needed. There will be no overcharging here since everything is monitored and controlled. The processor will adjust to the need of your batteries.
● Automatic Charger. Once the battery has reached its full charge, it will automatically switch to maintain mode or what they call the Float mode. Automatic charging is more gentle on the cells. However, you cannot use this type of charger for maintenance, because it applies a cycling process to avoid overcharging the batteries
● Manual Charger. As the name implies, you have to do it manually, which means that as long as you do not pull the plugs out, it will continue to charge. It has the possibility of overcharging the batteries if you forget to unplug it. When you are using standard chargers, make sure that you can monitor its charging time very well and disconnect it after being fully charged.
However, in all Schumacher battery chargers, they have this maintain mode. Maintain mode protects the cells from overcharging. You can leave it plugged in, but it won’t harm the battery because of regulated power.
Any Caution When It Comes To Charging A Car Battery?
Always practice caution whenever you charge batteries. All batteries are liable to explode or cause fumes and dangerous chemical leaks. Even the safest chargers in the world may go wrong if you forget to observe the precautionary measures for battery charging.
● Always charge batteries in an open area.
● Wear protective gear like goggles and gloves.
● Always remove the battery’s vent cap carefully.
● Cover the vent cap with a wet cloth to avoid sparks and fume emissions.
● Read your charger’s manual and instruction before use.
● Make sure that the charger is off when connecting to the battery.
Troubleshooting A Schumacher Battery Charger
Charger meter not working, hearing noises and the charger not turning on are just some of the common problems encountered by a Schumacher battery charger. It can be fixed after these troubleshooting tips.
When there is no meter reading, try rocking the clips back and forth.
When the charger is not turning on, you may try another electrical outlet. Sometimes, the outlet is the problem. Try plugging other appliance, and if it’s not turning on also, the outlet is the problem. If other gadgets work on that outlet, then it is your Schumacher charger having trouble. Try to wiggle the connections of your Schumacher charger.
If you hear humming noises, wait for 20 minutes of continuous charging. If the sound is still on, the clicking noise might be coming from the circuit breaker which indicates a defective battery. It could also mean that the battery is so discharged that it makes a clicking sound.
If the sound continues even after 20 minutes, then your battery is already due for replacement. You may also shut off the charger and reverse them. You might have placed it on the wrong poles.
Schumacher is the top brand for battery chargers. It will help you extend your battery life if you will carefully follow the Schumacher battery charger instructions. Anything that is well-cared for will have a longer lifespan.