Is your car battery showing different signs of failure? Do you need a replacement battery for your vehicle? Say no more! This article is for you. Different group 51 batteries have been reviewed with both their strengths and weaknesses.
Even though most batteries are meant to last for long, some models will start to show some signs of failure after operating for five years. In this case, you need to replace the battery. Below is a review of the best group 51 batteries that are available in the current market.
What Is a Group 51 Battery?
The group 51 batteries are batteries that have dimensions measuring 9. Inches in length, 5.0 inches in width and 8.75 inches in height. It is mainly used in vehicles like Hondas, Nissans and other Japanese models.
What’s the Difference Between 51R and 51 Batteries?
The main difference between a group 51r and a group 51 battery is that the 51r puts its positive terminal close to the vehicle’s front and the reversed terminals in 51r.
Below is a list of my top picked you may want to quick check:
- Optima Batteries 8071-167 D51 YellowTop Dual Purpose Battery
- Delphi BU905P MaxStart AGM Premium Automotive Battery, Group Size 51P
- ACDelco ACDB24R Advantage AGM Automotive BCI Group 51 Battery
- Exide Edge FP-AGM51R Flat Plate AGM Sealed Automotive Battery
- XS Power D5100R XS Series 12V 3, 100 Amp AGM High Output Battery
Therefore, the above is a list of batteries that are the best replacement for your group 51 battery. Installation of one of these battery models ensures your vehicle’s performance is incomparable and always at its best. Always ensure the battery of choice is compatible with your vehicle.
Top 5 Best Group 51 Batteries Reviews
In case your vehicle supports a group 51 battery, it is better if you find it a suitable and reliable replacement. This is the right place for you because I have reviewed the best five options for you!
Since there are many models in the broad market, I used different criteria to choose each battery. My selection is projected on durability, performance, and among other specs, to mention but a few.
After dedicating a lot of time to innovative research, the following models turned out to make it to the top-rated five batteries that suit you the best.
1. Optima Batteries 8071-167 D51 YellowTop Dual Purpose Battery
This battery not only ensures there is optimum performance to your vehicle, but it is also capable of deep cycling. Even if your vehicle has many accessories that need the power to run, this battery is all you need to get started.
Designed by the use of spiralcell technology, the battery produces incredible power while maintaining safety for you and your vehicle. Let’s have a detailed look at its features.
- Its fifteen times resistant to vibrations
- It has a fast recharging rate
- It is leakage free
- Has a total voltage of 12 Volts
- It weighs 26 pounds
- Its dimensions are 9.2 x 4.9 x 8.9 in
- Its CCA is 450 Ah
- It has an RC of 66 minutes
- It has a one year warranty
For those people who need an additional battery for performance issues, the Optima Batteries 8071-167 D51 YellowTop Dual Purpose Battery is the battery that will help you realize your entire vehicle’s deep cycling necessities. It is the best dual-purpose optima battery that will never disappoint you.
With all the advancements in technology, most vehicles have been equipped with electronics that require additional power to enable them to operate efficiently.
With that said, this battery ensures that you have no worries about power. You can entirely use it seasonally since it has a minimum self-discharge and works efficiently, even in harsh weather conditions.
Amazingly, the spiral cell technology involved in designing the battery ensures the battery’s power is clean and safe for both the passengers and the vehicle. It would help if you kept an eye on the battery even though its maintenance needs are minimal.
When compared to the conventional batteries, this battery has a fast-charging rate and is 15 times more resistant to vibrations. This means the battery is safer more than you can imagine. With its leak-proof nature, you can install it in any direction.
- The battery is leakage free
- Because of its dual-purpose nature, you can use it for starting or stopping the vehicle
- Its has a low rate in self-discharge
- Can work effectively even when in shallow temperatures
- The battery is easy and fast to charge
- Its warranty is too short
2. Delphi BU905P MaxStart AGM Premium Automotive Battery, Group Size 51P
Most vehicle manufacturers manufacture vehicles that need a lot of power for their efficient functionality in the current generation. The Delphi batteries are designed to ensure they cover a wide range of CCA (cold cranking power), not forgetting to mention the RC (reverse capacity).
With its excellent CCA, the battery ensures your vehicle starts when needed, and the RC keeps the various appliances running. These batteries also boast two times cycle life when you compare them to conventional batteries. Incredibly, they are twenty times resistant to vibrations; thus, you are assured of safety.
- It weighs 29.5 pounds
- Its dimensions measure 9 x 7.7 x 4.8 inches
- Its CCA is 325 Ah
- Its RC is 60 minutes
- Its 2o times resistant to vibrations
- It’s resistant to corrosion
It doesn’t matter if you need a premium or in search of a great value battery that can keep all the appliances in your modern model functional; Delphi manufacturers have the best battery for you.
With its incredible cold cranking power, be sure that your vehicle will always start when you need it to. All additional accessories like the heated seats and your DVD players function efficiently about its sixty minutes reverse capacity.
With the best AGM design in the industry, the battery is free from leakages and also corrosion-free. This means that your safety and that of the vehicle are not jeopardized. It’s also designed to ensure that it delivers maximum power to your vehicle.
It is made more substantial to offer twenty times vibration resistance when compared to conventional batteries. It also has optimized compression, availability of fortified posts, and straps with welds. It is made to be corrosion resistant with its well-sealed and robust housing that has a manifold venting system.
- It has an extended CCA for increased power supply
- It is corrosion resistant
- It is exceptionally resistant to vibrations
- It is durable
- Its quality is relatively low
- It doesn’t perform well in deep cycling
3. ACDelco ACDB24R Advantage AGM Automotive BCI Group 51 Battery
This type of battery is made with great innovation, and quality is prioritized here. If you search for a battery that offers impressive power when starting your engine, the ACDelco ACDB24R Advantage AGM Automotive BCI Group 51 Battery is the answer.
It doesn’t matter if the auto is used in the marine or an industrial setup; the battery can serve all your needs to satisfaction.
- It weighs 31.5 pounds
- Has a total voltage of 12 Volts
- It dimensions measure 18.5 x 11.4 x 9.5 inches
- It has a cold capacity of 500 A
- Its RC is 85 minutes.
- It has two years warranty
The battery is regarded as the best and high-quality product leakage-free to ensure durability and a prolonged shelf-life when you compare it to its competitors. The unit was initially designed for models like Toyota Prius; however, it can produce power for various models that are compatible with group 51 batteries.
It is also incredibly designed with the valve regulated recombinant tech to ensure power supplied to your vehicle is three times stronger than the power produced by conventional batteries.
Its valve is pressurized and made of lead proof material because its negative and positive terminals are calcium. Therefore, the battery is designed to have a long shelf life and consider your vehicle’s and passengers’ safety.
On the other hand, you can easily install the battery by yourself, and its price is relatively low. Therefore, you do not need to be worried about the installation cost and also its purchasing price. Always follow the guidelines given to ensure the battery is well maintained for an extended performance period.
- It is made to be spill-proof
- It has an extended shelf-life
- It needs low maintenance measures
- The battery’s resistance is enhanced because it is fitted with positive and negative terminals made of Ca-Pb
- Their terminals are small than those recommended by SAE
- It efficiently works when installed in the Toyota Prius when compared to other models
4. Exide Edge FP-AGM51R Flat Plate AGM Sealed Automotive Battery
When it comes to AGM batteries with a design that features SureLife Graphite tech, these batteries are the first and the only models with this design feature. This technology’s critical factor is that it ensures available energy is maximized, thus helping the battery’s performance go high and serve for a long.
Once you acquire this unit, be sure of protection against your battery failing. Through this, your vehicle’s performance is similar to that of a new vehicle and performs for a long time.
- It weighs 33 pounds
- It has a total voltage of 12 Volts
- Its dimensions measure 9.3 x 4.9 x 8.6 inches
- Its CCA amounts to 440 A
- It has a reverse capacity of 75 minutes at 25 A
- Its total capacity is 47 Ah
- It has a thirty months warranty
When you need a battery that can produce enough power needed in all parts of your car, this is the choice for you. With its energy, you are guaranteed that the power produced is robust and boosts your vehicle’s performance while maintaining your safety.
Similar to its colleagues, the battery is designed with a unique AMG design that makes it spillage-free. The battery is always passed through various tastes before it is released to the market. These tests ensure your car is safe.
The most incredible part is that the Exide Edge FP-AGM51R Flat Plate AGM Sealed Automotive Battery is a lightweight that gives you humble time when installing.
- Its AMG design renders it spill-free
- Its installation is quick
- Once you install it, it supplies power to the optimum
- It has a short shelf-life since you need to replace it after one or two years of operation
5. XS Power D5100R XS Series 12V 3, 100 Amp AGM High Output Battery
The XS Power manufactures have batteries that serve all forms of racing. The manufacturers also offer you a wide range of selection starting from the 12-pound batteries with a total voltage of 12 Volts to batteries having a voltage of 14 Volts and 16 Volts.
These batteries are the best if you are the type of person who loves drag racing as a hobby.
- It weighs 39 pounds
- It has a total voltage of 12 Volts
- It has a low internal resistance
- It can be installed in almost all directions
- It has a CA of 745
- Its capacitance is 60 Ah
- It is well sealed to ensure there is no spillage of the electrolyte
In case you need top performance for your vehicle, then the AGM design involved in manufacturing this batter should entice you to go for the battery. The battery ensures it works optimally with minimal complications.
In matters concerning its shelf life, you need not worry because the battery is designed to be spill-proof, thus increasing its reliability. In case your car is compatible with this battery, and you need a replacement option, this is the kind you need for optimal performance.
Similarly, the battery is resistant to vibrations caused on the course of negotiating sharp corners. Also, it has minimal internal resistance and can be installed in almost any position.
- It is leakage free
- It is resistant to vibrations
- Its valves are regulated
- In matters concerning long-shelf-life, it is not the best choice
The Bottom Line
Your vehicle’s performance is determined by the type of battery installed under your hood. Therefore when opting for a battery, you need to be more than keen on the type of battery you select.
In a situation where you need a replacement battery, make sure the battery selected is a perfect fit for your vehicle to avoid other expenses in the future.
Some group 51 batteries discussed above work best when installed in some cars. Therefore, it’s up to you to select the battery that best suits your needs.