Assuming that you own an SUV, truck or any diesel-powered vehicle, chances are that it uses a group 65 battery to operate. Therefore, when you need to replace the battery upon failure, you need to look for the same battery compatible with your vehicle.
Because there are a lot of group 65 batteries in the market, this post reviews the best top five batteries that may suit you and your vehicle. As you go through this article, be sure that by the end, you will have decided on the model of battery you need.
What Is a Group 65 Battery?
A group 65 battery is a battery that measures 11.8 x 7.3 x 7.4 inches according to the BCI. The BCI is the council that’s in charge of grouping car batteries into their groups by considering a lot of factors.
Also, the group 65 battery is capable of supplying power that is not below 56 Ah. Its CCA power ranges from 700-930. About reserve capacity, it should amount to almost 150 minutes. If your vehicle can fit this battery, then go for it to boost your vehicle’s performance.
It’s quite a difficult task to choose the right battery for your vehicle. However, you should have no worries because this article is there to help you land on the best model fit for your car. The research was carefully done when selecting these models by comparing and contrasting different specifications to ensure the best battery is selected.
Upon completion, below are the five best group 65 batteries:
- Odyssey 65-PC1750T Automotive and LTV Battery
- ACDelco 65AGMHR Professional AGM Automotive BCI Group 65 Battery
- NORTHSTAR Pure Lead Automotive Group 65 Battery NSB-AGM65
- XS Power XS D6500 Series 13V 3,900 Amp AGM High Output Battery with M6 Terminal Bolt
- Delphi MaxStart BU9065 AGM Premium Automotive Battery, Group Size 65
Above is a list of the top-rated batteries. Even though your vehicle can work with a different battery, it is always advisable that you use the recommended battery type for optimum performance of the vehicle, among other factors.
Top 5 Best Group 65 Batteries Reviews
These group 65 batteries are heavy-duty batteries that offer incredible power to your vehicle. When compared to other auto batteries, these batteries are slightly heavier and large.
Because of their large cold-cranking capacities and an excellent reserve capacity, the batteries are referred to as beasts because of the incredible power they boast.
1. Odyssey 65-PC1750T Automotive and LTV Battery
In case you need the most powerful starting power, then the Odyssey batteries are the best choice for you. They are also characterized by great deep cycling abilities and fast recovery rates according to your vehicle’s demands. If you need your vehicle for day to day issues or emergency issues, this battery is always ready to serve you to the level best.
Also, most vehicles used in hobbies have a lot of specifications that need a massive power supply. It’s so fortunate that the Odyssey battery is there to serve the purpose. The battery is packed with a lot of virgin lead plates to increase the surface area; as a result, more power is produced.
Here are some of the battery’s incredible features.
- It weighs 58 pounds
- Its dimensions measure 1 x 1 x 1 inches
- Its cold crank capacity is 950
- The AMG design is leakage free
- It is resistant to vibrations
- Its service life ranges between three to ten years
- It has an RC of 145 minutes
- It has a four-year warranty and a three-year warranty that is limited
As stated before, if your vehicle needs massive power to start and needs enough power for deep cycle purposes, this battery can be the best solution to your problem. It has all the qualifications needed to top our results today because of its beast nature.
This battery is fitted with pure lead plates that are closely packed to increase the surface area for the necessary reactions to take place. Upon reactions taking place on the large surface area, a lot of energy is produced, which is later transformed into the power needed by your vehicle.
It doesn’t matter if your vehicle is a 4×4, a truck or even a high-performance vehicle. This battery is designed to offer you the perfect form of power. The battery is durable because of its completely sealed design that does not give room to any form of leakage.
The rods involved in the design are highly conductive and resistant to corrosion. The internal environment of the battery has an oxygen recycle mechanism; there is also an automatic relieving valve and internal connections that are resistant to vibrations.
You should fear driving in uneven terrains once your vehicle is equipped with this battery. It will never spill the acid, or neither will it become faulty because of the vibrations. Even if you drive in extremely low temperatures, the battery will still work efficiently.
- It has an extended shelf-life when you compare it to the OEM batteries
- It has brass terminals that are made of tin plate
- It never disappoints when you want to start your engine because of its massive cranking power of 950
- The battery is leakage free
- The battery is maintenance-free
- It is highly durable and can last for a long when compared to OPTIMA batteries
- Amazingly, the battery can last up to two years without recharging
- Even though it has a good warranty, the warranty has hidden clauses
2. ACDelco 65AGMHR Professional AGM Automotive BCI Group 65 Battery
These types of batteries have remarkable deep cycling capabilities and will suit you if you need them for instant starting. Being designed by the AGM, the battery is leakage free and since the electrolyte is completely sealed within the casing.
This battery is also designed to recombine oxygen, thus reducing the rate of water loss. Since it is leak-proof, it is maintenance-free with a high-performance rate. Below are some of its features.
- It weighs 35.5 lbs
- Its total voltage is 12 Volts
- It measures 11.1 x 7.2 x 7.4 inches
- It has a CCA of 750
- Its reserve capacity is 120 minutes
- It has a three years warranty
In situations where you have problems with starting issues, and you need a battery replacement, the ACDelco 65AGMHR Professional AGM Automotive BCI Group 65 Battery might save your day. With its wonderful cold-cranking capacity, the battery is rugged enough to work on your diesel vehicle.
Similarly, the battery has the ability to supply power to additional appliances like the stereo audio system and lighting system. Amazingly, when you buy this battery, it is already charged, therefore immediate functioning.
Don’t be afraid to drive on uneven terrain; the battery is well sealed to ensure there are no leakages. This is possible because of the vent caps that prevent spillage.
Another unique design is that this battery has strong separators that ensure there is low internal resistance. There is also a ribbed design that makes sure movement of the electrolyte is free and calculated. Because of this design, the battery has the ability to maintain its low temperatures even after an extended operation.
- This battery is of high quality
- It has a long-lasting life when compared to the OPTIMA batteries
- It can power your engine efficiently, even when the temperatures are extremely low
- Its shelf life is extended because of deep cycling
- Even though it is said to be durable, its durability and consistency is unpredictable
3. NORTHSTAR Pure Lead Automotive Group 65 Battery NSB-AGM65
These batteries are one of a kind. When you need solutions to high-performance issues, the best choice is the NSB-AGM65 battery. Once you purchase this battery, be sure that you will have no disappointments in your operations in the near future.
If you own an SUV or an off-roader, then consider this battery as the best in matters concerning optimum performance and life expectancy.
- It has a total weight of 65 pounds
- Its dimensions measure 11 x 7.3 x 7.4 inches
- Its AMG design renders it spillage free
- It has a cold cranking capacity of 930
- It charges at a fast rate
- Its reserve capacity is 135 minutes
- It is resistant to vibrations
- Its four years warranty is functional to manufacturer faults only
- It is designed in the United States
When you compare the NORTHSTAR Pure Lead Automotive Group 65 Battery NSB-AGM65 battery to the flooded batteries, it is easier to maintain.
The battery has an inbuilt handle and has connectors made of copper-clad, which enables the battery to boast a large reserve capacity and massive cranking power. Because of all this uniqueness, the battery suits start-stop operations.
Once you install this battery to your vehicle, it doesn’t matter the amount of starting power needed by your engine; the battery readily offers this power. Even when the temperatures are extremely low, the battery readily offers the power needed for various operations.
Its design ensures that the battery is leakage-free to prevent spillage even when you are driving on rough terrain.
The battery is also vibration resistant because of the solid build. Among all the group 65 batteries in the market, the NORTHSTAR Pure Lead Automotive Group 65 Battery NSB-AGM65 has the highest cold cranking capacity of 930.
Similarly, its cranking capacity is incredible, meaning that when you need power supplied to your various appliances, it is readily available.
The battery has a fast-charging rate with a long lasting service cycle of 900 cycles in every 50% discharge depth. These features cover most group 65 models.
- It is better off when compared to other OEM batteries
- Even though it arrives with a full charge once you purchase it, it is good to ascertain the charge level
- It has a solid buildup, thus making it resistant to vibrations
- It is better off when you compare it to OPTIMA batteries
- Its price is relatively high when you compare it to most of the group 65 batteries
4. XS Power XS D6500 Series 13V 3,900 Amp AGM High Output Battery with M6 Terminal Bolt
Do you have a racing vehicle? Then this battery is the perfect choice for you. It has a range of selections starting from a 12-pound battery with 12 volts to a 14-volt battery with 30 pounds and 16-volt batteries. When speaking of drag racing, circle track and salt flat racing cars, these vehicles use this battery for optimum operation.
- It weighs 58.3 pounds
- It has a total voltage of 12 volts
- It is spill-proof
- It has a low internal resistance
- It gives you the liberty to install it in any position
- It has a CA of 1070
- Its total capacity is 75 Ah
When it comes to high performance, this is the best choice for your vehicle. It is mostly preferred in racing cars because of its high working power, thus producing incredible power needed for your vehicle’s performance.
Before this battery is released to the market, it is subjected to a lot of tastes to ensure it’s safe for both your vehicle and the passengers. Most states are done on high performing machines like drag racing vehicles and boats.
It has low internal resistance and also a great design to offer high vibration resistance once you drive in rough terrain. The availability of valves ensures that the battery is free from any spillage.
- It is highly durable
- It’s versatile when compared to other batteries
- It is equipped with terminal components that are of an M6 nature
- Its price is relatively high
- Terminal fitment is not of the recommended standards
5. Delphi MaxStart BU9065 AGM Premium Automotive Battery, Group Size 65
These batteries have a rage of cold cranking abilities and an incredible reserve capacity. With its powerful CCA, the battery ensures your vehicle powers all the appliances that need the power to function. When compared to conventional batteries, the battery offers a life cycle that is two times powerful and twenty times resistant to vibration.
- It has a total weight of 47.5 lbs
- It has dimensions measuring 12 x 6.3 x 7.6 inches
- Its total CCA is 750
- It has a total capacitance of 75
- It is leakage free
- It has an RC of 150 minutes
- It has a total voltage of 12 Volts
In cases where you need the most powerful battery for your vehicle, this is the best choice for you. It can operate for seven years without replacement. In modern vehicles where there are a lot of appliances, this is the best option for you.
Upon purchasing this battery, you will not be disappointed because it offers optimal performance. Because of its AGM design, the battery is proven to have a high quality, thus rendering it to have a long shelf-life.
Also, most of the battery’s components are corrosion-free, not also forgetting to mention that they are vibration resistant free.
- It is vibration resistant
- Its performance it optimal
- It has an extended shelf life
- It has poor customer services
The Bottom Line
You will be satisfied once you spend your money on the best battery. Because of that, this article will guide you on how to choose the best group 65 battery that is compatible with your vehicle. Thanks for taking your time to go through this article.