Choosing the right car battery for your vehicle is essential to make sure that you can reduce the risk of suffering from a dead power cell. However, it is a task that can be very difficult because there is a massive pool of car batteries to choose from.
But if you have the right knowledge regarding automotive batteries and as long as you follow the tips listed below as well as consider the important things that you have to consider, you can be successful in buying the right power cell for your vehicle.
This article will guide you on the process and provide you the tips on how to buy a car battery for your vehicle. It will also provide significant information about the different types automotive batteries available on the market today.
The article will also provide some important tidbits on what are the important aspects that you have to consider in buying a new car battery to aid you on choosing the right car battery that will suit all of your needs.
With this helpful and useful information, you will have the proper knowledge that you need to allow you to choose the best car battery that your vehicle needs.
4 Steps You Have To Take In Purchasing The Right Auto Battery
So to be familiar with the steps you have to take, you can check them out below:
Step 1 – Determine The Right Size Or Group Size Of Battery
The very first step you have to take in buying the right battery for your car is to determine the group size or size of the battery. This step is to make sure that battery will perfectly fit your vehicle’s battery tray and it is compatible with the car’s requirements. You can do this step by consulting your car’s manual to make sure about the size of the battery, and right dimensions of that are compatible with its battery tray. The vehicles will indicate the correct dimensions of the battery that it needs for power, so don’t forget consulting it.
Step 2 – Make Sure To Determine Your Minimum CCA
You also have to determine the minimum cranking amps and cold cranking amps that you need. To make sure that the battery can provide the minimum power that your vehicle needs to start its engine even in cold temperatures. Failing to do this step will lead to difficulties in starting in the future. So you have to make sure that you will get the minimum CCA that your vehicle needs to start its engine. You can also refer to your vehicle’s manual to see if it is indicated there. To ensure that you will get the right battery you need to provide enough power to start your vehicle.
Step 3 – Pick The Correct Battery Type
In buying the best suitable automotive battery, you also have to pick the right battery type that will perfectly suit your vehicle’s needs. By doing this step, it will allow you to purchase the correct type of battery at best place and maximize its use. Allowing you to get the best value for your money while making sure that you will have everything you and your car’s needs. Having the correct battery type will also make sure that all the all the requirements of your vehicle are met.
Step 4 – Choose The Brand That You Want And Consider Warranty
Finally, you also have to consider the brand of the battery and then inquire about the warranty included in the power cell. Doing this will protect you from the incompetent brands of auto batteries and will also save you money in the long run. It will also lessen the maintenance cost in the future. So make sure that you choose the best car battery brands and then consider the warranty they offer.
The Different Types Of Batteries That You Can Choose From
So to get to know the different types batteries that you can choose from, they are listed below:
● SLI Power Cells – SLI is an abbreviation that stands for starting, lighting and ignition. This means that these type batteries are mainly designed to help you start the engine of your vehicle and to provide power to its entire electronics grid. SLI automotive batteries are engineered to provide power to the vehicle’s light, wipers, radio and all of its electronic components. However, this type of power cell can only provide power in short bursts, and it has a shallow charge cycle.
● Deep Cycle Power Cells – This is a type car battery that is designed to provide a well-sustained amount of power to vehicles. They are engineered to power vehicles for longer periods of time, unlike SLI batteries. These batteries are the ideal choice for powering marine engines, small cars as well as caddies due to their ability to their ability to provide sustained power for long periods of time.
● VRLA Power Cells – VRLA or Valve Regulated Lead Acid power cells are batteries engineered to be low upkeep because they don’t require the addition of water on a regular basis. These batteries feature a spill-proof design, and they are safer to use. Due to their sealed design, they are very hard to service, and they are often replaced when problems occur.
There are two types of VRLA power cells, and they are defined below:
● AGM Batteries – Stands for Absorption Glass Mat power cells which are equipped with thin fiberglass surface mat. They can deliver higher power rate in short bursts compared to other sealed power cells.
● Gel Cell Power Cells – These are batteries that are engineered to use silica-based electrolytes. They are ideal power cells for deep cycle applications but can be less effective at low and high temperatures.
● Flooded Power Cells – Flooded or wet cell power cells are batteries that use a combination of water, sulfuric acid and lead to store and provide power. This type of battery is less expensive but compared to VRLA batteries; they can’t provide the same convenience as well as the life cycle. Batteries like this also need a lot of upkeep that to help them replace the lost electrolytes. Due to their affordable price, they are one of the common batteries used in a lot of vehicles.
● Lithium-ion Power Cells – These batteries are the ones that use the latest power cell technology of today. It is a very popular type of battery that is commonly used in power tools due to their impressive capacity and compact design. There are limited automobiles that use this kind of battery because they are not compatible with most of the vehicles today.
With this useful and significant information, you will have the proper knowledge to guide you on how you can purchase an automotive battery. It will also provide the knowledge that you need expand your awareness and knowledge regarding car batteries. Allowing to make the right decisions and help you save a lot of money in the long run.