There are so many ways in which you can replace or change a Nissan car key battery. Every model has its own unique and special way of doing so.
You probably wonder how to change a Nissan car key battery? Changing the car key battery for Nissan is simple and easy.
Here are the steps in how to change it:
1. Remove and released the metal key.
2. Open the key fob.
3. Detach the battery.
4. Attach the new battery.
5. Bring back the key fob assembly.
6. Put the key fob to test.
More Details On The Ways Of Getting Your Nissan Car Key Replaced
1. Removed and released the metal key. Locate the small button or switch at the back of the key fob, which is close to the key ring. Open the metal key by sliding and changing, it should pop out to be able to remove it. This key can be used in case the key fob battery goes out.
2. Open the key fob. Open the key fob by popping. You should see a small opening or notch where the metal key used to lodge. Use a screwdriver in opening the groove, then gently open the two halves by popping the fob.
3. Detach the battery. As you look inside the two halves of the fob, you will see the green circuit board on one side and the socket of the battery on the other hand. Pop the battery out by using a screwdriver. It will help you in case you experience difficulty in pulling out the battery.
4. Attach the new battery. You may now ready to install the new battery. Majority of the electronic key fobs are utilizing the 3 Volt battery. However, you can always check with the nearest Nissan dealers to check it out for you. Place the positive side of the assault on the socket of the battery with the face down.
5. Bring back the key fob assembly. In bringing back the key fob assembly, you need to line up the two sides or halves of the fob very carefully. Once you brought them back together, they have to snap in place. After doing so, you have to double check its seams to ensure that everything is aligned correctly. You must then have to re-insert into the slot the metal key.
6. Put the key fob to test. Now, everything is set and done. You have to test your keys if its working or not. Stand by your car and use the buttons on the key fob to check if you have placed the battery correctly. If it is not working, there could be some issues in your key fob. Call your nearest Nissan dealer and services and let them check your car battery key.
How Do You Change The Car Key Battery In My Nissan Rogue?
1. You will need a Philips screwdriver in removing the screw on the back of the key fob bottom.
2. You have to pry the cover of the key fob apart from the screwdriver.
3. Try to slide the battery from the clip of the cell and replace with the new battery with the positive side up.
4. You have to snap the fob and place back the screw.
What About Qash Qai Nissan Car Key Battery?
For Nissan Qash Qai, the key fob has a small slot at the back. You need to pull this to remove the key at the end of the fob. Then, you have to put a flat screwdriver in the slots where you slid the emergency key out. It will pry the fob gently apart by twisting the blade slowly.
Nissan Juke replaces its car battery by using a small Philips screwdriver. The screwdriver is used in removing the screw at the back of the key fob on the bottom. You have to open the key fob by prying in its cover apart with the use of the screwdriver.
Then, you have to slide out the battery against its clip and replace the battery with a new one. The positive side should be up. Next, you have to snap back the key fob and return the screw.
When a Nissan Note car key battery goes off, you replace it right away. Otherwise, the remote control will lose all its programming.
If what you have is the sticky standard key, then there is a small screw at the back which goes straight to the key blade. Remove everything, and it will pop out apart.
Nissan Leaf car key battery replacement procedure starts by removal of the metal key. After pulling out the metal key, you have to separate the housing of the key.
You can do this by looking at the back of the key. You may now remove the worn out battery and replaced it with a new one.
Replacing Nissan Micra car key battery is almost the same as the Qash Qai and Note model. You have to find the small slot at the back of the key fob, pull it and remove the key at the fob’s end.
Using a flat screwdriver, place it in the slots where you can slip the emergency key out. Slowly twist the blade, and it will pry the fob gently apart.
How Much Does It Cost To Replace The Nissan Car Key Battery?
For almost all Nissan model and make, you will have to spend around $15 to $30 at the most. You can check this out in all Nissan dealer outlets around, or you can check them also through the different battery websites.
Amazon.com and the like are also offering car key batteries. You have to be very careful with battery size and voltage to precisely fit your key fobs.
What Kind Of Batteries Do Car Keys Take?
New cars and vehicles already come with a keyless entry and remote controlled keys which are run by batteries. There are different car key batteries, but there are only ten kinds of cells that are used by the majority of the car keys.
Here are some of the commonly used car key batteries: 2025,1616,2032 and 1632.
Where Can You Buy Nissan Car Key Batteries?
Car key batteries for Nissan cars and models are available anywhere. If you want the exact fit, visit your nearest dealer. However, it is readily available in any electronic gadget shops, at Amazon.com and other online outlets.
Check this helpful article i wrote if you think about purchasing a car key battery.
Best Car Key Battery For Nissan From Amazon
I have gathered some of the best selling car key batteries for Nissan at Amazon. These brands have gathered the most number of positive comments and satisfaction ratings. You can check out their product specification for a more sensible choice.
1. CR2032 Maxell Lithium
This car key battery has one of the highest quality and freshest battery you can have. It is ideal for your electronic gadgets like calculators, heart rate monitor, Keyless remote for cars, and other devices that need this kind of battery.
This battery is the equivalent of CR2032, KL2032, ECR2032, and other 2032 cells.
● It is a Lithium Manganese coin type battery.
● It is a 3 Volt battery.
● It is suitable for electronic gadgets and device.
● It has 235MaH battery.
● It is a sub-standard battery.
● It failed after short use.
Item Weight: 0.16 ounces
Product Dimension: 0.2 x 1 x 1 inches
2. 2Pcs Duracell CR1632 1632 Car Remote Batteries
This Duracell 1632 3V lithium battery is a fresh and genuine battery. It is equal to CR1632, KL1632, DL 1632, and L1632.
This battery works well for remote car batteries, for key fobs and watches, calculators, electronic gadgets, car keyless entry and many more.
● It is a two-piece Duracell 1632 Lithium battery.
● It is a 3V battery.
● It can replace CR1632, BR1632, KL1632, L1632 and ECR 1632.
● It can work well for remote car battery, key fobs, and keyless entry.
● Battery failure.
Product Dimension: 6 x 3 x 0.5 inches
Item Weight: 0.64 ounces
3. Maxell CR2025
Maxell CR2025 is also a 3V button cell lithium battery. Maxell batteries are created with an aim for superior performance. It uses a variety of high standard and state-of-the-art technology. It gives maximum power and works reliably for your car key battery.
● It is a button cell battery.
● It is a lithium battery.
● It is made from state-of-the-art technology.
● It gives maximum power for your keys.
● It has battery failure issues.
Model Number: CR2025
Output Voltage: 3V
Product Dimension: 6 x 3 x 0.5 inches
Item Weight: 0.64 ounces
How Long Does A Nissan Car Key Battery Last?
Usually, a car key battery could sustain from 3 to 4 years of working. In the fourth year, it may start to show signs of weakness and will need a replacement soon. Having a crucial weak fob will give you a lot of problems and issues. You cannot get into your car without a functional key fob.
If You Leave Your Key Fob In The Car, Will It Drain Your Car Battery?
Yes, leaving your key fob inside the car will typically drain your car battery if you have left it for an extended period. A good chance is that your key fob battery will be ok, your car battery isn’t. One more thing, you won’t be able to lock your car doors if you have left your keys inside.
What Will Happen If Your Key Fob Is Almost Dying?
When you have a weak key fob, most likely you will not be able to start your engine. However, there are some cars and vehicles that will begin by merely pushing the dying key fob in the start button to ignite the engine.
If your spare key failed to start the engine, your problem is not the key fob having a low battery. The issue lies in your keyless entry system. There could be some trouble in the computer programming of your entry system.
Learning how to change a Nissan car key battery is easy. You have to read the manual thoroughly and know the right specification for your battery fit. All Nissan model is almost compatible with the other car key batteries of different brands.