Golf cart batteries are deep cycle batteries designed and engineered to be deeply discharged or used for longer operations. Unlike automotive batteries that can only supply energy in short bursts, deep cycle batteries are power cells that can consistently supply enough amount of energy for longer periods of time.
These batteries have very different functions that makes them the ideal type of battery for a multitude of applications. Because of their unique functionality, these power cells have to be charged properly and to do that, it requires you to use the right charger.
Choosing the right golf cart battery charger can be a daunting task if you don’t know what you are looking for. There are also plenty of choices in the market today that may overwhelm you and make it hard for you to come up with a good decision.
Fortunately for you, this article will guide you to come up with a smart decision and help you pick the right battery charger for your golf cart batteries. To make a lot easier for you, this article will also provide you a complete product review of the top five chargers available in the market for 2018.
The Benefits of Viewing Product Reviews before Buying
Taking time to read product reviews before making a purchase will allow you to compare the leading products in the market. This will give you the opportunity to learn more about each product and understand what are the advantages and disadvantages each product has.
Comparing products will also help you get the best deal available in the market, allowing you, to buy the right product that will perfectly fit your needs and requirements. Giving you the opportunity to get the best value for your money and end up getting the best investment that will worth every penny you will spend.
To introduce you to the best five golf battery chargers available in the market today, check out the product reviews that you will find below:
Top 5 Golf Cart Battery Chargers Available for 48 Volt and 36 Volt
To provide you the best choices when it comes to chargers for your golf cart power cells, we will give you a complete product review of the top five in the market. This will allow you to get to know each charger better and understand everything that they will bring to the table.
Each review below will also expose the advantages and disadvantages of every product that will help you compare them to each other. These reviews will also guide you to come up with a smart decision and pick the best suitable battery charger for your needs.
The EZ-GO Golf Cart Powerwise 36 Volt Charger from Schauer
Price: $246 Consumer Rating: 5 out of 5 Stars
If you are looking for an efficient 36-volt charger for your golf cart batteries, the EZ-GO Golf Cart Powerwise charger manufactured by Schauer is one of the top choices you have.
It is an automatic start charger that instantly switches when it is connected to a low charged battery pack. This charger also features an automatic switch that will instantly go to a low-level charge to prevent overcharging your batteries.
The 20 amp battery is also built with crowfoot connector that allows it to operate in both standard household power and 240 volts. Another great thing about this charger is that it is engineered to have switch panel that allows users to select modes from AGM, flooded or wet batteries.
This charger is a very convenient and efficient product to use, making it one of the best chargers on the market today.
● This charger has several modes and can charge AGM, flooded and wet power cells
● Automatic start and instantly switches to low-level charge to prevent overcharging
● With crowfoot connector allowing it to operate in household power and 240 volts
● Very efficient and flexible charger that can work in different modes of charging
● Brand: Schauer
● Model: EZ-GO
● Charging Amp: 20
● Weight: 13 lbs
● Dimensions (in): 12.2 x 10.6 x 10.5
This battery charger offers a lot of excellent state of the art features that can be very beneficial to users. It can charge AGM, flooded and wet power cells. It is also built with a trip switch that automatically goes to low-level charge to prevent overcharging. And it is also engineered with a crowfoot connector that allows it to work with the typical household power and 240 volts. With these great features, this is an excellent charger to have.
The only drawback in this battery charger is that it offers less power compared to the 48-volt charging system. Due to this, a lot of consumers say that it is less effective compared to other chargers.
The 18 Amp 36 Volt Golf Cart Power Cell Charger By Accusense
Price: $289 Consumer Rating: 4.7 out of 5 Stars
Considered to be the “gold standard” of golf cart power cell chargers, this 18 Amp 36 Volt Battery Charger from Accusense is one of the best in the market. This charger is equipped with a crowfoot connector that can charge most of the lead-acid power cells in the market.
It is also a fully automatic five-stage charger that is very efficient and reliable. The charger comes with a nine-foot input and output chord that is built with reverse protection from sparks when it is left connected.
It is also a charger that monitors the charge of your battery to make sure that they don’t fall lower than 100%.
● Fully automatic that features a five-stage charging mode
● Includes a nine-foot input and output cord for convenience
● Equipped with a two-pin blade ClubCar Crowfoot connector
● Designed with reverse protection for batteries and can charge most lead-acid power cells
● Brand: Accusense
● Model: 1-36C018E22-00
● Charging Amp: 18
● Weight: 33.5 lbs
● Dimensions (in): 6.2 x 10.2 x 6.9
This battery charger manufactured by Accusense is considered to be the gold standard of chargers. It can charge all the available lead-acid power cells in the market, and it is equipped with a two-pin blade ClubCar Crowfoot connector. It is also designed to have a reverse protection system that protects batteries from sparks and other issues.
There are some users complained that this charging system provides lesser power compared to other systems in the market. It is also a heavy unit that can be inconvenient to use for some users.
The Lester EZGO TXT 36 Volt Golf Cart Power Cell Charger
Price: $290 Consumer Rating: 4.5 out of 5 Stars
Manufactured by one of the well-respected names in the golf cart battery industry, this EZGO TXT Charger is considered to be one of the best in the market. It is engineered to be a smart charger that will charge your batteries until they are fully charged and stop the charging operations once they are at their full capacity.
This charger also comes with an eight-foot cable and built with the signature EZGO TXT Powerwise two-prong connector. Considered to be an ideal charger for long hibernations, this is one excellent 36-volt charger for your golf cart batteries.
● Excellent and reliable golf cart power cell charger that provides 21 charging amps
● The charger comes with an eight-foot two-prong connector cable for convenience
● An automatic feature that instantly stops charging once the batteries are fully charged
● Ideal battery charger for long hibernations
● Brand: Lester
● Model: EZGO TXT
● Charging Amps: 21
● Weight: 36 lbs
● Dimensions (in): 12.8 x 9 x 9.9
This EZGO TXT golf cart battery charger from Lester is an excellent choice for those of you looking for a 36V charger. It is a 21 amp charger that comes with an eight-foot two-prong connector cable for secured connection. Designed to be a fully automatic and smart charger that charges batteries and automatically stop after full-charge, you won’t worry about overcharging your batteries. Another excellent thing about this charger is that it is an ideal equipment for long hibernations.
A lot of consumers think twice about this charger because it is a bit pricey compared to other great chargers in the market. It is also a heavy unit that can be difficult to move from one location to another.
The 48V Pro Charging Systems Eagle Charger from Dual Electronics
Price: $455 Consumer Rating: 5 out of 5 Stars
This 48-Volt Pro Charging Systems Portable Golf Cart Battery Charger manufactured by Dual Electronics is included in the Eagle Series. A group of excellent chargers considered to be on the top of its kind in the market.
This is a fully automatic charger designed to safeguard batteries from overcharging. This i4818 18 amp portable charger comes with an Andersen SB50 cable connector to ensure secured and firm connection.
This model is also built to charge both AGM and flooded batteries, making it a very convenient unit.
● Automatically switches to low voltage to protect batteries from overcharging
● Equipped with an Andersen SB50 cable connector to ensure charging connection
● Designed to boost the service life of batteries up to 25%
● The charger can operate 24/7 due to its GFI outlet or surge protector
● Built and engineered with proven and tested technology
● Brand: Dual Electronics
● Model: i4818
● Charging Amps: 18
● Weight: 28.8 lbs
● Dimensions (in): 9.8 x 8.4 x 8.2
This 48-Volt Eagle charger from Dual Electronics is one of the best of its kind in the market. It is equipped with a state of the art automatic charging system that protects the batteries and boosts their service life by up to 25%. The charger is also built with a GFI outlet or surge protector that allows it to operate 24/7. With these excellent features, this is one of the best chargers in the market that you have to buy.
There are some users that complained about the less charging amp it offers since its only 18 amps. But other than that, all of its users are perfectly satisfied with the product.
The INC-4825A 25 Amp 48-Volt Charger from Schumacher
Price: $320 Consumer Rating: 3.5 out of 5 Stars
This INC-4825A 48V Golf Cart Power Cell Charger manufactured by Schumacher is a product that every golf cart owner and golf cart shop investor adores. Because of its excellent quality, reliability, and efficiency, this charger is considered to be one of the best 48 Volt charger on the market today.
This 25 amp digital charger is fully automatic equipment controlled by a microprocessor that makes it smart and efficient. This charger features thermal runway protection that shuts down the charging process once a battery problem is detected.
It also has a power saving mode that allows it to use less energy when it is in maintenance or standby mode, allowing users to save a lot of money.
● This charger is perfect for golf carts, tractors as well as people transporters
● A microprocessor-controlled automatic charger that offers a 15 to 25 amp cycling output
● With a nine-gauge six-foot output cable with polarized 50 amp “easy to connect” connector
● Built with thermal runway protection that shuts down if a battery problem is detected
● State of the art power saving technology that allows it to use minimal power
● Brand: Schumacher
● Model: INC-4825A
● Charging Amps: 25
● Weight: 35.5 lbs
● Dimensions (in): 9.5 x 11 x 10.2
Schumacher’s INC-4825A 48 Volt Golf Cart Power Cell Charger is an excellent investment to have. This digital charger offers a lot of state of the art features like its smart microprocessor that allows it to provide 15 to 25 amp cycle output, thermal runway protection to boost battery service life and power saving modes that allows it to utilize minimal power. It also comes with an output cable equipped with a Quick Connect connector.
There some complaints about this particular charger that it sometimes stops all of a sudden then it has to rest for several before it can be used again. Some users also complained about this charger not giving a full charge.
Tips to Help You Pick the Right Charger for Your Golf Batteries
Now that you’ve seen the top five chargers for golf batteries, it is up to you to decide what is the best charger that will perfectly suit your needs. You can use the product reviews above to help you compare the different chargers and see what fits your needs.
To give you more help in selecting the best charger for your golf batteries, here are some of the important aspects that you have to consider in choosing the right one.
● You Battery Voltage – The very first thing that you have to consider is the voltage of the golf cart batteries you are using. You have to make sure that the voltage of the battery charger will match the voltage of your golf cart power cells. Otherwise, they won’t be compatible, and your batteries won’t charge.
● The Plug Type – You also have to consider the plug type of the charger, and you have to make sure that you will get a charger with the plug type that will fit your cart. If you fail to consider this one important thing, you will end up purchasing a wrong charger that you will not be able to use.
● The Features of the Charger – Another important thing to consider in choosing the right battery charger for your golf cart batteries is the feature the charger has to offer. Try to go for the chargers that have maintenance options because it will allow you to revive the batteries and operate through hibernation periods.
● Automatic Chargers – Ideally, you also want to get automatic chargers because they will protect your batteries from overcharging. These chargers will also help you extend the service life of the batteries, allowing you to get the most out of them. Automatic chargers also save you money because they instantly shut down once the charging process is done.
Those are our best picked chargers available on the market today and the significant aspects that you have to keep in mind when choosing the right charger.
Following these simple tips, you will have an excellent chance to purchase the best suitable golf cart battery charger that will perfectly suit all your needs. It will also allow you to save a lot of money in the long run.