Golf carts are a very expensive investment that needs proper maintenance and good golf cart batteries. Equipping your golf carts with the best batteries in the market is very beneficial and expensive at the same time. Most of the premiere golf cart batteries today are tagged with a high price, but they also offer a lot of excellent features.
However, using affordable or cheap golf cart batteries to power your cart can also be a smart decision, especially if you are on tight budget. As long as the battery is compatible with your cart and it can satisfy all your needs, it can still be a good investment.
If you are on a tight budget and you are looking to purchase batteries for your golf cart, buying cheaper batteries is the best option you have. It won’t let enjoy the benefits of the excellent features that the pricey batteries have to offer, but it will certainly keep your golf cart operational.
But it will also make the task of choosing the best batteries a bit more difficult because you will be limited to the batteries that you can only afford. To help you in this task, here are some of the best cheap golf cart batteries that you can choose from.
Purchasing Cheap Batteries for Can Be a Smart Decision
There’s nothing wrong in investing on affordable or even cheap golf cart power cells. Settling for batteries like this will only deprive you of benefiting from some features that the expensive ones offer.
However, if you choose the best suitable battery, regardless of its low price, it won’t sacrifice the performance of your cart. You only have to give the battery more attention, proper care and maintenance to make sure that it will last longer.
If you can get everything right, cheap batteries will have a longer service life and can be a good investment that will allow you to save money. To help you in your search for the best suitable cheap golf cart power cells, here are some of the most recommended ones in the market.
The Most Recommended Affordable and Cheap Batteries Today
Below are product reviews of the best cheap and affordable golf cart batteries available on the market today. Each of these product reviews will help you understand that some of them can compete with the big names in the industry.
The reviews will also provide you the details that you need to know about every battery on the list. Allowing you to see the benefits and drawbacks that they have to help you come up with a decision that will lead you to the best battery that will perfectly suit your needs and budget.
The UPG UB12350 12 Volt Golf Cart Battery from Universal Power Group
Price: $64.99 Consumer Rating: 3.9 out of 5 Stars
Manufactured by Universal Power Group, one of the well-known names in the industry, the UB12350 12 Volt Power Cell is a reliable battery for golf carts. It offers a longer service life compared to other alternatives in the market, and it features a lightweight and portable design to boost convenience.
This SLA type battery will perfectly fit your cart, and it will be a great choice because of its longevity as well as functionality. It is also a very reliable AGM battery comes with a one-year manufacturer’s warranty that makes it one of the best cheap batteries in the market today.
● This is high-quality power cell that offers longer lifespan perfect for golf carts
● Considered as the most practical and economical battery in the market today
● Versatile and flexible that can use for a variety of motor applications
● Engineered to be hassle-free and convenient to use and will last up to 5 years
● It comes with a one-year manufacturer’s warranty to build trust with consumers
● Brand: Universal Power Group
● Model: UB12350
● Weight: 22.50 lbs
● Dimensions: 7.75 x 5.19 x 7.13 inches
This reliable and versatile power cell is ready to use, and as soon as you get it, you can start using it to power your golf cart. The battery’s manufacturer also provides the longest battery support compared to its other counterparts. As a battery with a cheap price tag that offers a longer service life, this battery is considered to a great investment that allows consumers to get the most out of their money.
Discharging this battery deeply and below 50% of its capacity is very dangerous and may lead to a lot of issues. Due to this, the runtime of the battery may be greatly affected and decreased.
The GC2 6 Volt AGM Golf Cart Battery Manufactured by Armstron
Price: $196.54 Consumer Rating: 3.9 out of 5 Stars
The AP-GC2 AGM Golf Cart Power Cell manufactured by Armstron is one of the leading affordable 6-volt golf cart battery in the market today. As a maintenance-free power cell that features great toughness and durability, this is the perfect battery for any golf cart.
Built with state of the art technology, this battery is also used various applications such as solar and wind power systems as well as plenty of house motor uses. Considered as one of the most versatile batteries in the market, this model is an excellent choice for your golf cart.
● Built with an Absorbed Glass Mat to eliminate the risk of leaking fluids
● This battery charges and discharges at a steady and gradual pace
● Designed to have the lowest emission of hydrogen which is only 4%
● With this battery, you won’t worry about freezing due to the absence of liquid
● Battery comes with an eighteen-month manufacturer’s warranty
● Brand: Armstron
● Model: AP-GC2
● Weight: 68 lbs
● Dimensions: 10.2 x 7.1 x 10.8 in
One of the best assets of this Armstron GC2 golf cart power cell is the fact that it doesn’t demand a lot of upkeep. Because it is a maintenance-free battery, it is more convenient to use, and the absence of liquid also makes it safer. The battery also comes with an eighteen-month warranty which will help you lower your maintenance cost.
Although this battery model is one of the most affordable and cheaper batteries in the market, it is still a pricey product compared to other alternatives. The battery is also a bit heavy that may reduce your cart’s carrying capacity.
The ML35-1274 12-Volt Battery Model from Mighty Max
Price: $66.99 Consumer Rating: 4.5 out of 5 Stars
If you are looking for a cheap 12-volt golf cart battery that promises to deliver power, efficiency, and reliability. The ML35-1274 AGM Golf Cart Battery manufactured by Mighty Max can be the one you are looking for.
This battery features an advanced heavy-duty grid made out of calcium-alloy that allows it to provide excellent performance and extends service life. It is applicable in both cyclic and float applications that make this one of the most versatile batteries in the market.
This battery is also designed to suit a multitude of applications like emergency lighting, security systems, portable tools solar power systems and more.
● This is a maintenance-free sealed lead-acid power cell that is convenient to use
● Featuring a spill-proof design and built with a heavy-duty housing for long service life
● Can be used various operations like renewable energy power systems and more
● Applicable to cyclic and float operations and built with calcium-alloy grid
● Backed by a full one-year warranty and a 30-day refund policy
● Brand: Mighty Max
● Model: ML35-1274
● Weight: 23.15 lbs
● Dimensions: 7.68 in x 5.16 in x 7.13 inches
One great thing about this golf cart battery model is that it is specially designed to be maintenance-free that makes it very convenient to use. It also has a spill-proof housing to promote safety from possible leaking fluids. It also features a calcium-alloy grid that allows it to provide exceptional performance. The battery is also backed by a refund policy and a full 12-month warranty to gives consumers the peace of mind.
Some users of this battery say that it has a short service life and it is not that durable as claimed by the manufacturer. It is also a less competitive battery compared to its deep cycle counterparts.
Tips on How to Get Cheap Yet Reliable Golf Cart Batteries
If you are on a tight budget and you need to replace your golf cart batteries, your only option is to go for the cheap ones. This may seem to be a bad idea, but if this is the only choice, you have to make the most of your budget.
However, it is very much possible that you can get a cheap or affordable battery that will satisfy your needs. You can do it by simply following the tips listed below:
● Set Your Budget – The first thing you have to do is to set the budget that you can work with. It will allow you to focus on the batteries that will fit the amount of money that you are willing to spend. With a budget set, you will have a narrow pool of batteries that you can choose from, making it easier for you to find the best suitable battery for your needs.
● Preferred Specifications – The next step you have to do is to determine the battery specification that you need. Identifying the specific things that you need the battery has to have to fit the applications of your cart. This will allow you to look for the essential things that you need to make sure that the battery you will buy is the right one.
● Product Comparison – Then you will have to compare the potential products on your list and see what will be the best one that suits your needs and budget. Start comparing the prices of the batteries, brand reputation, basic features and other extra features. By doing this, you will have a greater chance to get the best battery that is within your budget.
● Pick the Most Suitable – The key to getting the right battery for the lowest price you can get is to buy the most suitable product that will provide all the things that you need. By purchasing the suitable and compatible battery for your golf cart that also suits your needs, you will have a smart investment that will give you the best value for your money.
Purchasing an affordable or even cheap golf cart batteries is not a bad decision. In some situations, going for the cheap ones is the only option and making the most of your budget is essential.
However, buying the cheap batteries in the market doesn’t mean that you are sacrificing the performance of your cart. Because if you know what you are looking for and you have the knowledge you can get a cheap battery that is almost at par with the expensive ones.
Click here to find out other batteries topics.